Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pam's Gardens

Today I want to focus on Pam and her work around the house. Pam has always enjoyed taking care of her gardens and this year, with working only part time, she has had more time to devote to it. She loves both her vegetable garden as well as her flower gardens and has given us one of the most colorful yards in the neighborhood.

This first image is similar to what you'll see on Amy's blog. Both her and her mom have gotten in to these Topsy-Turvey's. Pam has bell peppers, cucumbers, celebrity tomato's, Amy melons, eggplant, and a strawberry plant. They are growing very well.

Next is her regular vegetable garden. You can see that her tomato's are doing well. She also has carrots, peas, beans, cucumbers, bell peppers, turnips, lettuce, fennel, and Chinese cabbage. She is trying to make me eat more healthy foods.
This is our raspberry patch. This is Pam's gift to me. I love raspberries, as does she, but with me around we are lucky if any of them make it in to the house. Moby loves raspberries also so when they disappear I just blame it on him. The berries are showing up now and we will soon be picking them. The frames over the raspberries are for a netting Pam is making to protect them from birds who have in the past eaten more of them than we have.
This is the front of our house and the flower beds she has put in there. You can see all of the beautiful roses right in front of the house. She has also planted a large number of petunia's in the front bed which will be beautiful as they mature.

Then this year we pulled out our evergreen trees in the front and replaced them with a variegated willow and a flowering pear tree. The willow tree will only get to be about 10 feet tall and maybe 12 feet wide and changes color through the season. You can also see our flowering plum tree by the house.

This is the side of our house with gladiola's and pansies. There is also a strawberry patch in the back which has already given us a very tasty treat this summer.

So that's a quick look at Pam's gardens. She sure makes it a pleasure to come home and I love looking at our yard. I am also lucky I married such a talented girl. The only thing I know how to do is push the lawn mower around. Thanks!

4 comments:

Amy Beagley said...

Dad! You are so cute and I'm so glad that you updated on your own! I thought I was going to have to twist your arm every time! :-D Glad not to have to!

Rachel said...

I need lessons from Pam. I am NOT gifted in this area. But I want to be, your place looks fabulous. I did just make two flower pots to go on my front porch though. Baby steps!

3 Docs and A Diva said...

Your gardens are beautiful. But my heart leaped when I saw Moby. I have been afraid to ask if he was still alive and whether he is doing okay. I miss him and am so glad you have given him a such good home. He looked like he'd just been groomed. Thank You so much for taking such good care of him.

Amy Beagley said...

Dad you need to get a new picture up. You are unrecognizable now because you're so little!!!!